Who Inc? Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Forums for Who Inc? Where animation is a big deal.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sarge's Stop Motion Tutorial

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
sarge657

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-08-02

Sarge's Stop Motion Tutorial Empty
PostSubject: Sarge's Stop Motion Tutorial   Sarge's Stop Motion Tutorial EmptySat Aug 02, 2008 8:45 am

Well its pretty old but i will post it anyway.

How To Make A Stop Motion Film
By: Krystian
1. Go to www.clayanimator.com

2. Enter the Site.

3. Scroll down to Clay Animation Software.

4. Scroll down to Stop Motion Animator.

5. Download their free software.

6. Get a camera. (It can be a webcam. The camera HAS to connect to the computer by USB and it cant be in a camera dock or station, it has to freely standing. I use a Sony Handycam. You will find out later if your camera will work with stop motion animator.)

6. Install Stop Motion Animator.

7. Connect your camera and turn it on.

8. Open Stop Motion Animator.

9. If a window will pop up saying unable to find video driver or unable to capture driver, then I will address that later.

10. Now if you didn’t get that message than two windows will pop up. One saying Grab Frame and other Stuff and the other window will have a screen.

11. What you see on that second window is a live video of what your camera sees.

12. Now you need something to animate with.

13. Use anything! Even yourself! If you want a great beginners action figure go to www.stikfas.com and order some stikfas from there. They are plastic and posable figures. To buy magnets for their feet go to www.animateclay.com .

14. Now just center your camera view on the object and click grab frame. Move your figure a little and grab a frame. Keep on doing that. You don’t want too big of movements. The bigger the movements it will be jumpy. The smaller the movements the smoother the animation will be.

15. Just in case your figure fell then press the little onion button. This is onion skinning. It will make a shadowed figure of your... figure.

16. When your done save your animation.

17. Now Troubleshooting. If a window shows up saying unable to connect to driver then: make sure your camera is turned on, make sure your camera is connected, make sure camera isn’t in a camera dock. If none of those things work than you need to buy a new camera because the one you are using will not be compatible.

18. Finally, forums and websites and animations for/of stop motion animating. www.brickfilms.com www.mamshmam.com www.animateclay.com www.stikfas.com www.youtube.com/sarge777 (My site) there are other places but I wont list them all.
Back to top Go down
GilesVessey

GilesVessey

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2008-11-04

Sarge's Stop Motion Tutorial Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sarge's Stop Motion Tutorial   Sarge's Stop Motion Tutorial EmptyTue Nov 04, 2008 4:11 am

Nice tutorial Smile For a Stop motion program I suggest Monkeyjam!
Back to top Go down

Sarge's Stop Motion Tutorial
Page 1 of 1